Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Historic Jamestown, CA

We've made it to Jamestown, California along Historic Highway 49. Our apologies to Norm driving his beautiful long RV along the winding roads last year. They're still very winding and steep - even in our smaller Honda CRV.

The hotel is wonderful - old seeming yet sufficiently modern (TV tucked away into a small armoire, wireless internet). Don is loo0king forward to checking out Railtown (http://www.railtown1897.org/railtown/default.asp) I suspect is the real reason we're here. It's o.k. with me.

this is our room:





Fiery Lola Montez

Queen-sized bed and claw foot tub compliment this antique filled room next to our balcony. Separate sitting room and a TV/VCR.

2 comments:

Mamita Ruby said...

It sounds like a beatiful ride and a gorgeous place to rest after a long day of fun.

normfriesen said...

Glad to hear your trip is going well. And how is my house doing? :)

I'm still coming to your house for dinner Sunday, per your invitation. :) Guess I may be there alone, but I know I will be able to have a drink or three!

Seems I'm smiling all the time. Had a wonderful trip through half the redwoods today. The rest tomorrow.

Norm