Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 3 Caspar Beach, CA

We continued our northward journey around San Francisco then over the Golden Gate Bridge and onward. We traveled to the coast on Highway 128 through wine country and were amazed at all the new small wineries sprouting up. It's beautiful countryside and wonderful forest land. Don was happy when we finally left the winding, narrow two-lane road.

We stayed at the Pine Beach Inn up the road just a bit from Jughandle. We had a great visit with Michael and Monica and had dinner at the Thai Restaurant at our motel. I haven't been a fan of Thai food ever since tasting the "Jungle Curry" in Bangkok (I think it's the lemongrass that doesn't agree with me). Anyway, we had four different dishes and they were ALL delicious. I think there's hope for me and Thai food.

Monica's fabulous dessert recipe: frozen berries (any kind) heated on stove until syrupy. Serve over ice cream. Delicious.

No comments: